To guide and mentor business organisations in India on conservation and sustainable use, the CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development launched the India Business & Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI).
This business-led initiative serves as a national platform for business, to promote sharing and learning, and will ultimately lead to mainstreaming sustainable management of biological diversity by business.
IBBI was initiated by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India.
To sensitise, guide and mentor Indian business organisations in biodiversity conservation and sustainable use related to their operations, across their value chain and beyond towards conservation of India’s biodiversity.
· Understanding the linkage and impacts of business operations on biodiversity
· Advocacy on the need for biodiversity conservation and sustainable use
· Identifying and partnering with Government, Non-Governmental Organisations and local communities to create synergies in biodiversity conservation
· Documenting and sharing of local and global best practices in biodiversity conservation and sustainable use
· Adoption of replicable local and global best practices.