Business & Human Rights
Business for Human Rights (#Biz4HR) initiative is an action group of business stakeholders interested in improving human rights record in their value chain.
The initiative requires members to make a public commitment to human rights by:
- Publicly disclosing human rights policy
- Signing the CII Human Rights Declaration
Members get support to:
- Conduct due diligence of human rights in business value chain
- Achieve SDGs with human rights implications
- Improve disclosures on human rights in corporate reporting
Benefits of membership:
- Draft & disclose human rights policy.
- Get support to design human rights due diligence in business value chain.
- Improve human rights disclosures in corporate reporting.
- Project your actions on human rights in international networks such as UN, WBCSD, GRI.
- Engage in domestic policy advocacy on matters related to human rights.
- Connect human rights and Sustainable Development Goals.
- Be auto-eligible for case studies on responsible business practices in human rights.
- Become a trainer in CESD’s capacity building programmes on human rights.
- Be part of CII delegation on human rights at international and national events on subject matter.
Members signing up for the initiative become part of it for 3 years. After which the membership needs to be renewed for next term.
Business for Human Rights
Training on Business for Human Rights