CESD specialises in helping companies develop climate change strategies, policies, internal processes and frameworks to facilitate low carbon growth.
Instituted by CII in 2018 aims at building climate resilience in Indian businesses. The major tracks of the programme are:
1. CII Platinum Award: CAP 2.0° Recognition on Innovation and Climate Action
2. Creating a certified pool of Assessors
3. Capacity Building of Small & Medium Enterprises
Since its inception in 2016 being chaired by Mr. Jamshyd N. Godrej, Chairman and Managing Director, Godrej & Boyce. Council holds responsibility for policy advocacy on climate change issues.
There are 3 working groups running under the Council:
1. Reducing Supply Chain Emissions from Manufacturing Industry (OEM)
2. Finance and Insurance Sector on Climate Change
3. Harmonizing GHG Accounting at Corporate and National Levels
Aims to bring standardization in corporate GHG reporting as per global norms and get more companies interested. The course covers development of GHG emission inventory, development of GHG reduction projects and their validation/verification as per ISO 14064 (Part 1, 2 & 3) setting targets, preparing roadmap for decarbonization.
Provided to industry on preparing GHG inventory, carbon sequestration and GHG footprint reduction plan, setting reduction targets, risk mapping due to climate change etc. Many, small and medium industries availed benefit of the services.
1. Assessment of supply chain GHG emission from the manufacturing sector
2. 8th India – U.S. Track II Dialogue on Climate Change and Energy (January 16-18, 2019)
1. CII was chosen as industry lead from India to contribute in India-Sweden Industry
2. Track under UN Secretary General Climate Action summit
3. CII participated in NDC partnership meet in Berlin to represent India and Industry
4. CII participated in UNFCCC COP 26 at Madrid, with dedicated session on
Transportation sector best practices
CII-ITC Centre of Excellence for Sustainable Development looks at climate change as a strategic risk to business and offers services related to reducing business’s vulnerability to climate change via, climate change risk and opportunity assessment services, GHG inventorization, carbon neutrality services and sequestration study.
Our focus is on providing clients with progressive service offerings that are tailored to their requirements based on their demography, sector, and recent global cues.
The principles, standards, guidelines, methodologies and tools used to provide these services are globally accepted, tested over time, and are updated on a continual stakeholder feedback process.
CII-ITC Sustainability Awards
Climate Action Programme